BELOW IS OUR BLOG ARCHIVE. WE HAVE MADE THE CHANGE TO SHARING OUR JOURNEY ON YOUTUBE & SOCIAL MEDIA - HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE. GIVE US A LIKE, FOLLOW & MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE :-)
It has been a busy few weeks in the last area of the interior. Building cabins, prepping and painting lockers under the beds, never mind glueing and glassing or resin coating, sanding and coving. It is now the last week of final paint prep before we will once again embark on another painting marathon ;-)
But we are happy with the decisions we've made in terms of using the space we have and quite look forward to using this part of the boat soon! Here are some pics of our progress starting with the forward cabin.
Looking aft from the forward cabin is another cabin as well as another couch/single berth. The extraction visible in the pictures is where the mast will be, hence no fixed floor boards or interior built there.
And then of course the heads (bathrooms) and double berth next to the galley.
So stay tuned for pictures of the painted last area inside - aiming to paint over the weekend!
2018 - what a busy start to the year it has been. We've taken the shed for the keel down, cleared the front 'workshop' and then began work on the last little speck inside the boat that hasn't been touched yet. But here are a few shots of the 'unveiled' keel and sandblasted keel bolts first :-)
After Pete had the main structure of the heads (bathrooms) built we did a bit of fine tuning and figured out where we could squeeze shelf and locker space and a few more cupboards evolved from there. So we now have a toilet with cupboard space below the benchtop and against the wall/hull. The other head has a shower with a seat, a toilet and plenty of locker space. There also is a double berth which can be a neat chillout spot close to the galley. Have a look...
And then it was once again time to clean up, sort through and move our workshop because it was time to attack the last of the inside. The workshop moved to the just newly built bathrooms and double berth area and we made a new 'to-do' list for our last area inside the boat - the area up front that we've been discussing for months what we should do...but as always it starts with a clean up, reorganisation and then the getting 'bare' part of removal and days of grinding!
Followed by building, glassing and painting new sole supports...
And then we glued and glasses the sole (floor) in and had once again a level platform to work off and it was time to do some more building. New bulkheads and cabins emerged...
up front there will now be one cabin with a double berth as well as a couch/single berth. Another cabin with a double berth on the port side with a couch/single berth just outside the cabin on the starboard side after the heads/bathrooms. All up including the double berth by the bathrooms there will be 3 doubles and two singles available for guests and quite separate to our main living area.
We spent today mostly glassing and started work on our Mast this afternoon. As the major projects inside the boat are getting less we are starting to tackle one of the last major projects which is repainting the mast. This will enable us to focus our evenings/nights on the interior jobs while keeping the mast job going too during weekends and daytime but - for the next two weeks we will be busy building beds, lockers and getting ready to paint inside...