If you've been following us on Facebook you'd know we've been working on all kinds of projects over the last two month. After the painting was finished Pete started to give the engine some attention. New seals, gaskets, new hoses, new muffler & exhaust system, a service, the list goes on and on....
Besides the engine, some finishing jobs have been ticked off the list as well...bench tops on the Nav table and in the new heads/bathrooms, painted the cupboard doors for the new cupboards just to name a few. We've also decided to replace all the keel bolts and sent our shaft and prop off to be checked and balanced etc.
With the weather changing as we've entered autumn, we had to fill our rainy days with inside jobs and with the painting finished it was time to get cracking on the floors...
However on sunny days there are plenty of outside jobs to pick from. The Mast & rigging is one of those jobs. We've removed all the rigging, the spreaders, pulled halyards through and packed them away and inspected all wires and fittings as they come off. Needless to say the mast is looking bare...
This week Pete has started on the fronts for all the drawers and cupboard doors. They are made and mostly fitted in 'our' areas and will be painted and fitted in the next week or two. It already looks so different to see the fronts on the drawers without them being painted, we can't wait for how it will all look in just a few weeks time - finishing touches are always the most exciting and rewarding jobs!
Besides the boat projects we've been busy in our personal life's so my apologies for a lack in blog posts but make sure you follow our Facebook page as we always post progress pics on there - either way...watch this space for more photos soon :-)