Last few weekends we've put a few more of the toe rails down besides other jobs. Peter has kept busy with more repairs on the aft deck and put a few more fittings on and has been getting all the prep done for another big new shiny hatch to go in on the deck for access to the transom.
With all that done it was time to test our color choice for the non-skid some more and the first few coats of non-skid went on the aft deck. We are pretty stoked with how it looks and can't wait to get more areas done! With a lot of work still to be done on the boat we are very much aware that we will have to put a few final coats on once all the work is completed.
This weekend we are getting more of the bolts, nuts and washers ready for the next lot of toe rails as well as prepping the genoa and main sail tracks, ready for painting them over the next week. Here are just a few pics that I took with my phone today of the non-skid, toe rails and one showing half of our new aft entrance hatch (we are still waiting on hinges to arrive) ...
It's been a busy few weeks finishing off the windows in the dodger/hard top as well as prepping the aft cockpit for painting. We had to decide on a colour for the non-skid so we also finished the transom by painting the non-skid which was in a bid to try out our colour choice for the non skid :-)
In the aft cockpit there were a few repairs to be made, holes to be filled and teak to be repaired and replaced. Also, the aft entrance has had some finishing touches, awaiting only the final fit of the new acrylic hatch and washboard (not the one in the pics). New hatches have been fitted for the aft cabins as well as one under the shelter of the dodger. The helm pedestal has been removed, painted and all the relevant parts serviced as well as all bearings and seals changed. New caulking seams in the teak, the teak has been sanded and most importantly all the entire aft cockpit has been top coated and had a few coats of non-skid. The aft stainless support is in place and we have put the first toe rail back on the deck today. As it always seems to go, the first one is the hardest and we shall be a lot quicker and better prepared for the rest, which we will be fitting over the next few weekends.
The next step is to get the entire aft deck area sorted with some holes from old fittings etc. to be closed, a new deck hatch to be fitted for access to the transom and yes - more painting! But it is all starting to look awesome and we both can't believe what a massive change it has been from what it looked like just a few months ago to now - incredible!
Condensation is our main enemy at present, so Peter will be putting up a proper second 'ceiling' into the shed tomorrow to keep the drips and moisture at bay. I will be posting pictures again soon once a few more of the toe rails are in place and once we have a bit more of the deck painted and the new entrance hatch in place. Here are a few pictures of the aft cockpit, the dodger/hard top and the transom for you to check out: