Yes - that’s true, only a few months until the long awaited launch date and as you can imagine, we are keeping busy finishing things off left, right and center ;-)
If you follow on Facebook you would have seen the mast all topcoated. A very different colour to the previous yellow but as you all know we love the colours we chose and so we went with the same graphite grey for the mast as we painted the topsides. Here are a few pics:
We also had to shorten the boom, so firstly we moved the boom closer to the boat where we can work on it and Pete, being the smart and practical person that he is, went about cutting it and making sleeves to join it back together. We then moved it down the road to the welder we’ve been using for some of the jobs in the past. He’s been welding the join. We did this using trolleys and pushing it down the road and then back up the road - lucky the kids are old enough to donate some of their muscle power! The next step is prepping it for painting. Here are a few shots:
We also had to sort out one of the old repairs around the stern tube prior to moving the chocks on the boat. Re-chocking the boat was necessary in order to get to the keel join area. All of these areas have been reglassed, faired and almost all have a few coats of primer on by now. Lots of upsidedown grinding, glassing and painting but what a difference! Check it out:
Inbetween these kind of jobs we got, of course, heaps of other jobs going on. I’ve started cleaning and servicing our bilge pumps, so Pete can fit them back when he’s ready and Pete’s been building the shower & basin sumps, prepping and painting spreaders, making the transducer fairing Mount etc. Needless to say, we ain’t getting bored anytime soon...
So yes, I’ve been a bit slack updating the blog but mostly because we are keeping busy here with just a bit over 3 months to go until launch. But what an exciting deadline to work towards. Watch this space xx