The last month has seen Peter build what feels like a million drawer fronts and cupboard doors. Of course it’s not only building them but also painting & fitting them. But it’s certainly nice to see areas being ‘finished’ off!
We also hit quite a big milestone a few weeks ago when we fired up the engine for the first time since hauling out. Quite a mission to fire up an engine that size while on the hard stand, hence the drum set up etc. BUT...all the hours Pete spent on the engine has paid off as she ran beautifully!
While the weather hasn’t been all that great we did get lucky for a few days in a row which saw us fit the last few new hatches fitted on the deck for the forward cabin. At this time of the year one certainly needs plenty of indoor and outdoor jobs - lucky for us we don’t have a shortage of either ;-)
While we are busy with finishings we got other projects moving forward at the same time. One of them was for the engineer to fabricate us a new shaft. There aren’t many jobs we don’t do ourselves so it almost feels like an added bonus to scratch that off the To-Do list.
We also started fitting the mattresses in the new cabins. Quite the process as each mattress needs to be cut to fit against the hull and around chains plates and beams. Finishing photos will follow in the next blog post but here are some of the various stages in the process.
More photos and updates coming soon xx