Another busy week but heaps of progress on the paint prep. After we sanded the topsides last week and Peter opened some spots, we got started on the repairs which meant more glassing, fairing and sanding. After the spot filling phase we've managed to put a few coats of primer over the repairs to fill pin holes and are now busy sanding those back and doing any last spot-fills that we may have missed. Let me tell you that on a boat this size it is not difficult to miss a spot fill or miss sanding a spot fill! Here are some pics of the progress.
We also used a planned power outage on Sunday morning to pull out some of our sails to see which ones are worth repairing and which ones we need to replace. The sheer weight of the sails turn that into quite an 'exercise' but it also got us excited about all the awesome sailing ahead! We dropped our Genoa at the sail loft this afternoon, have bought a Gennaker which I'm collecting from Auckland tomorrow and fingers crossed we've found a suitable main sail also - exciting times indeed :-) But our full focus this week is to get the topsides finished and ready for primer by the weekend and weather permitting I shall have some more photos and updates soon xx