It's been a week since my last blog post but you may have noticed that I have uploaded a few more pictures on the Refit album on the website as well as the Facebook page. Needless to say, it's been a busy week for us in our cabin and especially the last 2 weeks have been a big push as Peter was on annual leave from what we call his "day job". In the end we both didn't know what day of the week it was anymore, it was either a building day or a glue & glass day or a grinding & sanding day :-)
After my last blog post we splashed out and ordered ourselves a fancy new mattress for our new berth but unfortunately there are delays with the order and so while we were initially a bit disappointed with the delay, we did decide that it give us more time to finish things and catch up on other chores that sometimes get left behind due to the fact that two people can only do so much, even if we work the hours we do...
So, we finished the carpentry work in our cabin and most of the sanding is done but we have a few more holes from old skin fittings to close up and a few new portholes to cut out. While the latter sounds like a simple task it does require a bit of thought as we have to take into consideration where we will run lines, place winches etc as most hardware will be moved from where it originally was due to the fact that we will be changing the sail set up to allow us to sail short-handed. We have also spent a day just sorting through our off-cuts of ply, sorted out our 'workshop' aka the deck, re-routed the extraction system and will need to dedicate another day to service our tools.
With Peter back at work this week we will only be painting by the weekend as we will spray paint again. The time saving of spraying vs rolling is just too great to consider any other way and it allows me to spend more time on spot-filling and detail sanding this week. So fingers crossed I'll be posting again next weekend with some photos of our freshly painted cabin - as always - watch this space....