BELOW IS OUR BLOG ARCHIVE. WE HAVE MADE THE CHANGE TO SHARING OUR JOURNEY ON YOUTUBE & SOCIAL MEDIA - HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE. GIVE US A LIKE, FOLLOW & MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE :-)
Well it's been a little while since my last blog post but after the primer went on, we went straight into paint prep mode again in preparation for the topcoat. For those of you following us on Facebook, you would have already seen a few photos of the primer as well as the paint prep since but here are a few photos of the topsides after the third coat of primer was sprayed.
While we had to wait a few days to start sanding and spot filling all over again, it gave us time to mark all the obvious spots that required our attention and once again putting that smurf blue guide coat on. Well and then the fun started all over again- sanding, spot filling, more sanding, more primer and so on. Here are a few photos if you've missed out on Facebook.
And we are now done with all the sanding and spent the afternoon yesterday making changes to the scaffolding to make it easier for Damien (spray painter) to move around and reach all the areas. We have changed plans slightly and booked Damien in for Tuesday rather than tomorrow, this gives us a bit of extra time to do the masking and final paint prep (wiping down the topsides with Awlprep etc) as well as some better weather hopefully. The paint arrived on Friday and we are more than ready and keen to see her new colour - so watch this space for an update soon or head on over to our Facebook page as I often tend to update that a bit sooner than the blog & website. Here are a few last photos of the primer sanded and ready for topcoat...