It's been a busy few weeks finishing off the windows in the dodger/hard top as well as prepping the aft cockpit for painting. We had to decide on a colour for the non-skid so we also finished the transom by painting the non-skid which was in a bid to try out our colour choice for the non skid :-)
In the aft cockpit there were a few repairs to be made, holes to be filled and teak to be repaired and replaced. Also, the aft entrance has had some finishing touches, awaiting only the final fit of the new acrylic hatch and washboard (not the one in the pics). New hatches have been fitted for the aft cabins as well as one under the shelter of the dodger. The helm pedestal has been removed, painted and all the relevant parts serviced as well as all bearings and seals changed. New caulking seams in the teak, the teak has been sanded and most importantly all the entire aft cockpit has been top coated and had a few coats of non-skid. The aft stainless support is in place and we have put the first toe rail back on the deck today. As it always seems to go, the first one is the hardest and we shall be a lot quicker and better prepared for the rest, which we will be fitting over the next few weekends.
The next step is to get the entire aft deck area sorted with some holes from old fittings etc. to be closed, a new deck hatch to be fitted for access to the transom and yes - more painting! But it is all starting to look awesome and we both can't believe what a massive change it has been from what it looked like just a few months ago to now - incredible!
Condensation is our main enemy at present, so Peter will be putting up a proper second 'ceiling' into the shed tomorrow to keep the drips and moisture at bay. I will be posting pictures again soon once a few more of the toe rails are in place and once we have a bit more of the deck painted and the new entrance hatch in place. Here are a few pictures of the aft cockpit, the dodger/hard top and the transom for you to check out: