BELOW IS OUR BLOG ARCHIVE. WE HAVE MADE THE CHANGE TO SHARING OUR JOURNEY ON YOUTUBE & SOCIAL MEDIA - HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE. GIVE US A LIKE, FOLLOW & MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE :-)
After we had finished the topsides painting we decided to ease our way into making a start on the deck by starting with the toe rails. Once again we started a 'production line' - First step is Peter and his grinder dealing with the removal of all the old paint before I removed the last bits from all the holes and corners the grinder couldn't get to with the drill with a burr & wirebrush attachment. Then followed the acid wash and eventually we were painting again. We decided to go with the graphite grey on those as well.
And after much debating around whether we should or shouldn't clear coat the topsides we did bite the bullet and prepped the topsides to spray two coats of clear coat for extra protection of our new paint job. This meant sanding all the topsides again, fortunately 'just' a light sand...
And now it is on to the deck. Peter has already made a head start on the hard top for the aft entrance & cockpit. It is quite exciting and with Peter being able to spend more time on the Refit now as he is winding down from his 'day job' of running a boat yard, we should see a lot more exciting progress from now on. Until then - here are a few pics of the new toys we've been welcoming aboard as well - after all we don't want to get bored in paradise ;-)